Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Baking with Mommy and First Hair Cut!

Maddie loves to help her mama bake and started helping me last winter. One day, I was making banana bread and she was standing on her chair next to the counter. I grabbed a bowl and said to her "first I need some sugar". Now every time I ask her to help me bake, she pushes her chair up to the counter and says "first I need sugar". It's pretty amazing how her little mind works and she remembered that. Sunday night we decided to make rhubarb torte. Maddie was all excited to help me out and immediately got her self into position. She was a great helper and put the ingredients into the bowl for me.
She waited patiently for the timer to go off and kept checking on the torte for me.


After an hour it was finally done. I served it with ice cream and it hit the spot!


Today I decided it was time for Maddie to get her first hair cut. She had quite the mullet going on and needed some professional help.



I was surprised how well she did. She sat in the chair like such a big girl and didn't fuss at all. They told her she would get a sucker when they done so she was excited about that.




I took her to Great Clips and they did a nice job. They gave me a card that said babies first hair cut and taped some of her curls to the card. I thought that was a really nice thing to do and I will have it for her baby book.
We were all done in about 10 minutes and then went to Menards to show daddy her new look. Now that she got a real cut, maybe it will grow a little faster??



No comments:

Post a Comment