Sunday, June 21, 2009

William A Irvin 5k June 19, 2009

I have never been a runner and don't know what I was thinking when I signed up to run the 5k with a few friends from DTCU? I thought it would be fun and had never been apart of such an experience. I have to say that it was a ton of fun even if my legs were a little sore the next day.
I set a goal that I wanted to finish in under 35 minutes. I didn't train like I should have, but gave it my all! I finished in 33.4o and was surprised how much fun I had. There were 1500 runners and lots of support from the crowd. They really motivate you! I amazed at the ones who run the half or full marathons, I could never do it.
The crew before heading down to the race
The weather completely changed by race time. The fog rolled it and the temperature dropped to about 56 degrees. It was perfect for the runner

Yeah!!! We finished!!!


My pal Kim and I after the race. We were glad it was over and ready to go celebrate with
dinner at Little Angie's!




No comments:

Post a Comment