Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Girls night!

Daddy is away, so it's time for the girls to play! I picked Maddie up from day care last night and it was a struggle to make her something that she wanted for dinner. Finally, she agreed on having a waffle and then was a happy girl. She hasn't been a very good eater these days so I was pleased when she ate the whole thing.
After we finished supper, we played play-doh for a while and it's fun to see how her imagination works. She was making cookies, pizza and loved rolling it out with her play rolling-pin. I gave her a quick bath and I painted her little toes for the first time. It was so cute, she kept pointed to her toes saying "pink mama, pink!" I tried to take a few pictures, but they didn't turn out so well. So, no pictures for this post.
The rest of our evening was spent looking at a few books and watching Jon & Kate and The Bachelorette. I know, great show for a two year old, but I was going back an forth. Bed time was another story. Usually she goes to bed great, but for some reason, she was ticked off. She was screaming and jumping in her bed. I tried to rock her a minuet and she still pushed me away. As last resort, I took her in bed with me and she immediately calmed down. I guess she wanted to snuggle a minute and fell asleep with me right away. I love having time with my girl and I know before to long, she wont want to cuddle with me anymore. Hopefully the weather is nice tonight and we will get some time to play outside.
On a side note...Maddie likes to sing her ABC's and Twinkle Little Star, but last night on our way home she started singing "the bible tells me so" from Jesus Loves Me. I love it when she sings...music to my ears!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment