Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rock-a-bye a minute

My little Miss Madelyn has her ways of get out of going to bed. It amazes how fast she learned how to make excuses during bed time. Some of her common lines are "I want to snuggle mama" or "I need my kitty" or "I want a story". But my favorite that works every time is "rock-a-bye a minute". I have a wooden rocking chair in her room, so I scoop her up and we will rock until she is almost asleep.

The past two years have flown by. I remember sitting in her room before she was born and couldn't wait to rock my own baby. We have spent a lot of time in that chair and I realize that she is no longer my baby, but a big girl! Now that she is getting a little older, we have great little conversations while we rock. We will often say our prayers or sing a song. Last night as she was getting her blanket positioned just right under nose, and herself into the right position, I just looked at her. What an amazing gift from God that I'm holding! She truly is a miracle and we are so blessed to have a healthy, beautiful little girl. I read a lot of different blogs about kids that are suffering from cancer or other disabilities and I don't want to ever take for granted how blessed we are!


I know the day will be coming soon where our girl will not want to be rocked and cuddled so I guess I will never turn down a "rock-a-bye a minute" and always cherish those precious times.


Our weekend was pretty uneventful so I don't have any fun pictures to post. I actually never took out the camera which is unusual for me. Bob and I were both surprised when we got home from church on Sunday and Maddie decided on her own to take a nap. This was out of the ordinary and we found her snuggled in her bed with her shoes still on. I guess she new what she wanted.


We are looking forward to Bob's family coming up for the weekend. Even though Bob has to work this weekend, Maddie and I will enjoy their company.

No comments:

Post a Comment