Friday, October 22, 2010

Play Date!

One of the greatest things about being on maternity leave is all of the play dates that we have had! I will miss trips to the park, McDonald's play land, and dress-up at our house. I'm so blessed to have wonderful friends from our church who have amazing children that Maddie loves to play with! Play dates are not only for the little ones...us mom's really enjoy our time together too!! This week my friend Harmony came over with her two girls Chloe and Claire. We thought it would be fun to make turkeys out of construction paper. We traced their hands for the feathers and their shoes for the body. The girls were probably more excited about playing dress-up, but we did manage to finish the project and the girls did great!

Harmony and I had to help the girls with most of the project, but they loved the glue stick and drawing the eyes with markers.
Maddie, Claire and Chloe with the finished project! It was a nice Fall day to hang out inside. We had cookies, watched a movie with popcorn and laughed as the girls switched different dresses and danced around the house.
We had a great night at our house last night! Amelia slept through the night and that makes me so happy. I had given her a bottle the night before with formula and had also nursed her right before bed. I think she had a full belly and peacefully slept all night. I'm slowly starting to wean her so she will be ready for daycare in a week. I can't believe how fast the past eleven weeks have gone by! My little girl is getting so big and I love her sweet coos and smiles!




No comments:

Post a Comment