Friday, September 18, 2009

Bye Bye NUK!!!




Thursday morning Maddie woke up looking for her nuk. It had fallen behind her bed and she couldn't get to it. Bob had gotten up with her and she went with him to use the bathroom. She woke up dry and went on the big girl potty. I was proud of her but we are a little ways from being complely trained. I knew that was my chance to find the nuk and forever be done with it.



We have been talking up the Nuk Fairy for some time now. What is the Nuke Fairy you may ask? The Nuk Fairy comes and takes the nuks and brings them to babies that need them. She replaces the nuk with a present and Maddie knew it was coming soon. When Maddie went with her Dad I knew it was my chance. I jumped out of bed, found the nuk and put her present on her bed. She was excited that she got a present and tried to make this process a positve one.




I was worried how the night would go and was presently surprised how smooth it went. She did ask for her nuk a few times and I kept telling her that she was a big girl and the babies needed her nuks. She snuggled with me for a while and then told me she wanted to go to her bed. I covered her up, turned on her music and didn't hear another word about the nuk....until this morning!!




She did want her nuk this morning and there is no turning back. We have tried to get her focused on something else when she wants her nuk. Popsicles have worked really well and she was excited to go to a friends house today for daycare. That will keep her busy and we will see how tonight and this weekend goes. I know she might have a few rough days, but after that...it's time to focus on potty training. Oh boy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment