Friday, May 8, 2009

Fortunate


The blog world is really fascinating to me. I have discovered that there are a lot of women just like me. Women who have been married to wonderful men and want nothing more then to be a mom. Infertility, a word that is pretty hard to swallow and understand. It affects more women then we realize and the financial burden makes it really hard on couples. Babies are a miracle and it breaks my heart to read about their struggles. I know exactly where they are coming from.

With Mother's Day this Sunday, I have thought about how fortunate I am to be a mom. After eight long years of fertility treatment and thousands of dollars, my dream came true. I never want to take that for granted. I truly believe that God will give you the desires of your heart (Psalms 37:4). I am so blessed to have a husband that is so supportive and understanding through those hard days.

The day Maddie was born was the happiest day of my life. I felt complete. I felt like I had everything I had ever wanted. I finally was a mom. We were a family.

Mother's Day has taken on a whole new meaning to me. Not only do I have the privilege to be a mom, but I have a new respect for my mother. She is a women that I admire greatly and only hope that I can do just as good of a job. So, Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful moma's and for those who are longing to be one, you are in my prayers.




No comments:

Post a Comment