Thursday, October 15, 2009

On the road again!


Here is another cousin picture. I can't believe how big they are all getting. Maddie was so excited to see her cousins that she ran up to them and squeezed their little necks. I wish we lived closer so they could play together more. She has so much fun with them! Maddie and I got home last Thursday and were ready for a fun filled weekend with family and friends.
The tune of our weekend changed when we got the news that my wonderful cousin, Steve, was cleaning a gun and there had been an accident. We believe in the power of prayer and miraculously he made it through surgery and was being transported to Salt Lake City. His parents flew out the next day to be with him as we anxiously awaited updated reports. My sister and I sang in church on Sunday which was difficult for me. The emotions of the weekend and words of the song made it hard to sing. The last phrase of the song says "you never know the miracles our Father has in store. Just watch and see, they will not be unredeemed". He is a miracle and we have a lot to be thankful for!
My sister and I have become much closer to Steve this past year, so it hit us pretty hard. My mom flew out last Tuesday to be with Joanie and Steve and is coming back today. We are looking forward to a fun weekend with my family. We have tickets to the Vikings game on Sunday and we are hoping they go 6-0! So far they are on a roll and we are excited.
This month has been so crazy and I feel like all I do is pack and unpack. I'm looking forward to next weekend just hanging with my girl and nothing planned. For now, we have to keep Steve in our prayers and continue to pray for healing. He has a long road ahead of him.




No comments:

Post a Comment