Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dressing During a Recission

Anyone that knows me knows that I am a shopper! I have been reading this great blog called Kelly's Korner, http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/. She did a post the other day about dressing cute during a recession so I thought I would participate. I would consider myself a clearance queen and hardly ever buy anything regular price. For example, this past weekend we were at Kohl's (one of my favorites) and I was doing my routine clearance rack scans. I found a great sweater dress, marked down to $6.20, plus I had and additional 30% off of everything! I then headed over to the jewelry and found some fun earrings that were also marked down. Put on some tights and high boots and you have an outfit for less then what it would cost to go out for dinner! I highly recommend signing up for department credit or reward cards. It pays to get the additional store coupons and if you want to pay with cash, you can usually pay them off right at the store.

Shopping for me is a little like therapy. I can go to the mall and search the clearance racks for hours. I love walking out of the store and looking at how much money I have saved. It works! I'm a happy girl! If I purchased a dress for $10 and it was regularly $40, I can easily find a pair of shoes and cute accessories for what the dress would have cost on its own. I guess you can call that "girl math"! My husband doesn't always see it that way, but that is how my Mom taught me to shop at a young age. You don't have to spend a lot of money to still be trendy! Some of my regular stops for great deals is JC Penney's(nice dress clothes for work and they are always marked down) TJ Maxx, Gap, Gap kids and Children's Place. Outlet malls are great too and you can usually find a steal! Have fun and lets go shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment